My main research interests lie in the areas of algorithmic game
theory, mathematical economics, and in design of efficient algorithms. I am
interested in exploring the computability of equilibria, both market
and Nash, under various settings, and related total search problems from classes PPAD, PLS, and CLS.
In addition, I am interested in understanding the impact of strategic behaviour in multi-agent systems, e.g., social networks, fair division of scarce resources, and markets for cloud computing, and avenues for their interdisciplinary applications.
Prior to joining UIUC, I did postdoc at Simons Institute for Theory of Computing at UC Berkeley (Aug'15 to Dec'15), and in College of Computing at Georgia Tech (Aug'12 to July'15, host: Prof. Vijay V. Vazirani). I received my Ph.D. in computer science from IIT-Bombay under the guidance of Prof. Milind Sohoni and Prof. Bharat Adsul, in August 2012. My Ph.D. thesis titled "Nash Equilibrium Computation in Various Games" won the ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2012. Here is my CV.
Undergraduate and Masters Students: Shivam Gupta, Spencer Gordon (now a PhD student at Caltech), Wei-Chun Lee (co-advised with Hari Sundaram; now at Google).
Recent Professional Services
Served on program committees of WWW 2018, ITCS 2018, FSTTCS 2017, EC 2017, SODA 2017, EC 2016, ITCS 2016, SAGT 2016, FSTTCS 2015, FOCS 2015, WWW 2015 (poster).
Serving as a Tutorial Chair of WINE'17.
Co-organized a session on Career Advice for graduate students at EC'17.
Recent and Upcoming Visits
- Workshop on Algorithmic Game Theory, Rome, Italy, March 15-17, 2018.
- Algorithms and Optimization Workshop, ICTS Bangalore, Jan 2-3, 2018.
- WINE, 2017, IISC Bangalore, Dec 17 - 20, 2017.
- Algorithms and Uncertainity Reunion, Simons Institute, UC Berkeley, Dec 4 - 6, 2017.
- Economics and Computation Reunion, Simons Institute, UC Berkeley, April 27 - 28, 2017.
- Midwest Theory Day, April 15 - 16, 2017.
- Tutorial talk at WINE'16, Montreal, 11 Nov, 2016. (Note: Could not go due to visa issues)
- Visit to Simons Institute at Berkeley, 6 - 20, Nov, 2016.
- Talk at Bellairs Workshop on AGT, 8 - 13 April, 2016.
- Econ-CS Seminar at the Duke University, 25 March, 2016.
- Theory Seminar in the Dept. of CS at Duke University, 24 March, 2016.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Post-Doctoral Researcher Award 2014, College of Computing, Georgia Tech.
- ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award 2012.
- IIT-Bombay Excellence in Ph.D. Thesis Award 2012.
- Google India Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2012.
- IBM Ph.D. Award 2010 (Awarded annually to an Indian PhD student).
- IBM Ph.D. Fellowship for the 2009 - 2010 academic year (Two annual fellowships in India).
- Invited to China Theory Week 2012, hosted by CTIC, Aarhus University, Denmark.