My main research interests lie in the areas of algorithmic game
theory, mathematical economics, and in design of efficient algorithms. I am
interested in exploring the computability of equilibria, both market
and Nash, under various settings, and related total search problems from classes PPAD, PLS, and CLS.
In addition, I am interested in understanding the impact of strategic behaviour in multi-agent systems, e.g., social networks, fair division of scarce resources, and markets for cloud computing, and avenues for their interdisciplinary applications.
Prior to joining UIUC, I was a postdoctoral fellow at Simons Institute for Theory of Computing at UC Berkeley, and at College of Computing, Georgia Tech (host: Prof. Vijay V. Vazirani). I received my Ph.D. in computer science from IIT-Bombay under the guidance of Prof. Milind Sohoni and Prof. Bharat Adsul. My Ph.D. thesis titled "Nash Equilibrium Computation in Various Games" won the ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2012. Here is my CV (updated: 08/06/2017).
Received NSF CAREER Award on Equilibrium Computation and Other Total Search Problems (2018-2023). Thank you NSF!
Graduate Students: Shant Boodaghians, Rucha Kulkarni, Vasileios Livanos.
Undergraduate and Masters Students: Shivam Gupta (now a PhD student at UT Austin), Spencer Gordon (Siebel Scholar, 2017. Now a PhD student at Caltech).
On the Editorial Board of Mathematics of Operations Research (MOR). Please consider submitting your strong works within AGT.
WINE'20 co-chair. Please consider submitting your new and exciting results in AGT to WINE this year. The committee is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, and will make decision to go virtual if needed -- safety of the participants is our first priority.
On the program committees of STOC 2021, EC 2020 (senior PC), AAAI 2020.
Workshop Co-Organization: Rising Stars in EECS, Oct 29 - Nov 1, 2019, Department of CS at UIUC<<<.
Recent and Upcoming Talks
- ADFOCS 2020 (virtual), organized by MPI, Saarbruken, Germany. (Invited talk)
- 13th Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory, Augsburg, Germany, Sept 16 - 18, 2020. (Invited talk)
- 2020 Information Theory and Applications Workshop, Feb 2-7, 2020, San Diego, USA. (Plenary talk)
- Complexity in Algorithmic Game Theory Workshop co-located with FSTTCS'19, Dec 10-14, Mumbai, India.
- TTIC Colloquium, Oct 21, 2019, Chicago, USA.
Awards and Honors
- NSF CAREER Award on Equilibrium Computation and Other Total Search Problems (2018-2023)
- Outstanding Post-Doctoral Researcher Award 2014, College of Computing, Georgia Tech.
- ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award 2012.
- IIT-Bombay Excellence in Ph.D. Thesis Award 2012.
- Google India Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2012.
- IBM Ph.D. Award 2010 (Awarded annually to an Indian PhD student).
- IBM Ph.D. Fellowship for the 2009 - 2010 academic year (Two annual fellowships in India).
- Invited to China Theory Week 2012, hosted by CTIC, Aarhus University, Denmark.