Research Interests: Theoretical Computer Science; Economics, Game Theory and Computation; Fair Division; Interdisciplinary Applications of GT, e.g., to ML and Evolution.
- Indivisible Mixed Manna: On the Computability of MMS + PO Allocations. Rucha Kulkarni, Ruta Mehta, Setareh Taki. EC 2021. (all women authors, again 😊)
- Improving EFX Guarantees through Rainbow Cycle Number. Bhaskar Ray Chaudhury, Jugal Garg, Kurt Mehlhorn, Ruta Mehta, Pranabendu Misra. EC 2021.
- Competitive Allocation of a Mixed Manna. Bhaskar Ray Chaudhury, Jugal Garg, Peter McGlaughlin, Ruta Mehta. SODA 2021.
- PTAS for Maximin Shares in an Indivisible Mixed Manna. Rucha Kulkarni, Ruta Mehta, and Setareh Taki. AAAI 2021. (all women authors)
- Fair and Efficient Allocations under Subadditive Valuations. Bhaskar Ray Chaudhury, Jugal Garg, and Ruta Mehta. AAAI 2021.
- Smoothed Ecient Algorithms and Reductions for Network Coordination Games. Shant Boodaghians, Rucha Kulkarni, and Ruta Mehta. ITCS 2020.
- Online Revenue Maximization for Server Pricing. Shant Boodaghians, Federico Fusco, Stefano Leonardi, Ruta Mehta, and Yishay Mansour. IJCAI-PRICAI 2020.
- Approximate Nash Equilibria of Imitation Games: Algorithms and Complexity. Aniket Murhekar and Ruta Mehta. AAMAS 2020.
- Multiclass Performance Metric Elicitation. Gaurush Hiranandani, Shant Boodaghians, Ruta Mehta, and Oluwasanmi Koyejo. NeuroIPS 2019.
- Unique End of Potential Line. John Fearnley, Spencer Gordon, Ruta Mehta, and Rahul Savani. ICALP 2019.
Recent/Upcoming Invited Talks
- FaiRACAC workshop, co-located with EC 2021.
- 13th Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory (SAGT 2020). (keynote)
- 21st Max Planck Advanced Course on the Foundations of Computer Science (ADFOCS 2020). (honored to be one of three speakers)
- RAIN Seminar at Stanford, Oct 2020.
- NSF CAREER Award, 2018.
- Listed in the Instructors Rated as Excellent by Students @ U. of Illinois 2017.
- Simons Berkeley Research Fellow, 2015.
- Outstanding Post-Doctoral Researcher Award, Georgia Tech, 2014.
- ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award 2012.