Research Interests: Theoretical Computer Science; Economics, Game Theory and Computation; Fair Division; Interdisciplinary Applications of GT, e.g., to ML and Evolution.
- Competitive Equilibrium with Chores: Combinatorial Algorithm and Hardness. Bhaskar Ray Chaudhury, Jugal Garg, Peter McGlaughlin, Ruta Mehta. EC 2022.
- (Almost) Envy-Free, Proportional and Efficient Allocations of an Indivisible Mixed Manna. Vasilios Livanos, Ruta Mehta, Aniket Murhekar. AAMAS 2022.
- On the Existence of Competitive Equilibrium with Chores. Bhaskar Ray Chaudhury, Jugal Garg, Peter McGlaughlin, Ruta Mehta. ITCS 2022.
- Polynomial Time Algorithms to Find an Approximate Competitive Equilibrium for Chores. Shant Boodaghians, Bhaskar Ray Chaudhury, Ruta Mehta. SODA 2022.
- Indivisible Mixed Manna: On the Computability of MMS + PO Allocations. Rucha Kulkarni, Ruta Mehta, Setareh Taki. EC 2021. (all women authors, again 😊)
- Improving EFX Guarantees through Rainbow Cycle Number. Bhaskar Ray Chaudhury, Jugal Garg, Kurt Mehlhorn, Ruta Mehta, Pranabendu Misra. EC 2021.
- Competitive Allocation of a Mixed Manna. Bhaskar Ray Chaudhury, Jugal Garg, Peter McGlaughlin, Ruta Mehta. SODA 2021.
- PTAS for Maximin Shares in an Indivisible Mixed Manna. Rucha Kulkarni, Ruta Mehta, and Setareh Taki. AAAI 2021. (all women authors)
- Fair and Efficient Allocations under Subadditive Valuations. Bhaskar Ray Chaudhury, Jugal Garg, and Ruta Mehta. AAAI 2021.
Recent/Upcoming Invited Talks/Panels
- Recent Advances on Total Search Problems Workshop, July 2022.
- Cornell University, Theory Seminar, May 2022.
- C3.AI DTI Colloquium, April 2022. (talk video)
- MIT, Algorithms and Complexity Seminar, April 2022.
- University of Washington, Theory Seminar, April 2022.
- Israel AGT Seminar, March 2022.
- Harvard, EconCS seminar, March 2022.
- Purdue, CS Colloquim, Nov 2021.
- CSL Seminar, U. of I. at Urbana-Champaign, Oct 2021.
- Columbia Theory Seminar, Oct 2021.
- ISYE Seminar, U. of I. at Urbana-Champaign, Oct 2021.
- FaiRACAC workshop, co-located with EC 2021.
- Job Market Panel w/ Shuchi Chawla, Scott Kominer, and Ariel Procaccia. EC Mentoring workshop, 2021.
- 13th Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory (SAGT 2020). (keynote)
- 21st Max Planck Advanced Course on the Foundations of Computer Science (ADFOCS 2020). (honored to be one of three speakers)
- RAIN Seminar at Stanford, Oct 2020.
- NSF CAREER Award, 2018.
- Placed on the List of Instructors Rated as Excellent by Their Students, Spring 2017 and Fall 2021.
- Simons Berkeley Research Fellow, 2015.
- Outstanding Post-Doctoral Researcher Award, Georgia Tech, 2014.
- ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award 2012.